Developing quality technology is vital to the continued success of our business
We are a successful technology business that is growing fast, and that is one of the reasons why we have created a graduate programme. We want the programme to achieve many things including identifying the future leaders of our business.
Joining InsureTech means being part of something new and exciting, as it was only established as a business division of Charles Taylor Plc in 2015. We have got the start-up culture that operates with the security of a corporate plc.
If you want to be part of an entrepreneurial team, take real ownership of your work, and see the influence your work is having on the insurance business, then this is the graduate programme for you.
Introduction to the InsureTech Graduate Programme
Over three-years, you will complete up to six rotations, with the possibility of working in one of our software development centres in Argentina or Mexico. You will work on a wide range of transformational business and software development projects with various teams and clients. You will be working with leading experts in their field to gain real hands on technology experience.
Rotations will be within our different practices and by the end of the programme you will have developed an understanding of the following:
- Project management: Plan, execute and monitor projects. Gain experience on how to scope a project, build the plan and manage work packages. Work with the team to define and manage project risks.
- Business analysis: Analyse business processes and document requirements. Work with clients to understand their business processes and define technology requirements to make their business more efficient and effective.
- Service delivery management: Ensure the delivery of IT services is achieved in line with expectations. Make sure IT services are delivered to the agreed levels of performance and ensure IT support processes are in place to meet business needs.
- Enterprise architecture: Assess business strategy and technology solutions. Make sure our clients business strategy uses technology systems architecture to achieve its goals.
- Solution architecture: Understand technology requirements and define the solution. Work on the design of applications or services as part of the solution development team.
- Data and analytics: Use data to drive insight and better decision making. Use client data to help answer questions and communicate results to help clients make better business decisions.
- Information security: Work with colleagues in the information security team to undertake cyber threat identification and analysis. Use vulnerability assessment tools to test applications security designs and help with cyber awareness campaigns.
Each practice has its own technology solutions which are aligned to their business area, so expect to become an expert in different technology solutions during your time in each rotation.
Support on the programme
You will begin the programme by attending an induction to learn about Charles Taylor InsureTech’s technology solutions, understand its client base, organisational structure and strategic vision.
Over the three-years, you will be supported at every stage, through a combination of structured on the job learning and mentoring from the InsureTech Executive Committee. In addition to your manager, you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy to help achieve your desired deliverables and outcomes.
In addition to on the job training, your learning will be supplemented by our graduate learning paths comprising various technical and non-technical courses. These will include:
- Introduction to project management
- Scrum master
- ITIL V3
- Insurance understanding (CII)
- LinkedIn e-learning tailored to each of your rotations
- Additional training courses which are made bespoke for your development
Why work for InsureTech?
Technology is all around us and it’s proving to be an exciting and varied landscape which is reshaping the insurance industry. It is the core of what we do at InsureTech and our offerings are enabling insurance businesses to drive digital transformational change and undertake business in different ways.
Working for InsureTech provides an opportunity to be a part of something new and exciting. It really does offer the best of both worlds, a start-up technology business, which is encapsulated within a stable, existing corporate business, Charles Taylor plc.
Technology specialists are vital to, not only driving our business forward, but businesses in all other industries, from medical to law to insurance. The roles and skills required at Charles Taylor InsureTech are agile and continuously evolving meaning you will get stuck in from day one and have an opportunity to make a real difference to our business.
It is a fascinating industry that will provide you with the opportunity to be aware of what is happening in the world and expose you to varied and interesting work with global opportunities.
A career in technology presents an opportunity to work with clients in any industry sector, all around the world. Joining Charles Taylor InsureTech will give you the practical skills and opportunities to pursue a career in technology.
Click here to see other benefits Charles Taylor InsureTech offers to all employees.